College Writing Exercises
Responses should be approximately 300 to 400 words
- Exercise One: After completing the reading in the Norton Field Guide about synthesizing ideas (473-477), read each of the following articles concerning a current Supreme Court case. Create an essay of approximately 400 words that supports your own opinion you have arrived at after completing them. You need to quote from each article, relating each quote to your thesis. In the language of the reading, you are "synthesizing" the readings to support your own original position.
- Exercise Two: Post a draft of your introductory paragraph to your research paper. In addition to introducing the reader to your topic, it should include your thesis sentence, with your claim and stated reason(s).
- Exercise Three: To Be Determined
- Exercise Four: To Be Determined
- Exercise Five: To Be Determined